The sun is out and we all want to enjoy being outside. With increased outings to cottages, campgrounds, hiking trails, golf courses, tennis courts, outdoor playgrounds, and swimming pools, we all need to be prepared for a multitude of events. This of course, is even more important when you have small kiddos.
June is a good time to get organized and either look at last year's first aid kit or put together a new checklist and kit. The list below is something you can put in a bag (I like the reusable snack bags!) to easily grab and go. This is not an exhaustive list but includes the key things that are multi-purpose and easy to tote around.
1. homeopathic arnica 200 CH - #1 for any trauma - bruises, strains, bumps
2. homeopathic apis 200 CH - stings, rashes
3. Boiron Dapis Gel - topical for the itch and sting of bites
4. Age Quencher electrolyte single sticks - dehydration, fever, diarrhea
5. mini bottle of hydrogen peroxide - to clean up scrapes and cuts
6. mini tube of Polysporin
7. mini scissors and mini tweezers - splinters, ticks, etc.
8. hand sanitizer - who doesn't have a small bottle in every possible place these days!
9. extra face masks and tissues
If going away for a week I do pack probiotics, St. Francis Echinacea Combo (multi-use for many different infections), and vitamin C. I would travel with acupuncture needles just in case as well ;)
Now after 9 summers with kids I know unexpected things can happen - dog bites, wasp stings, bruises, cuts, heat exhaustion, and the list goes on.....
If you want to chat about what to put in your individual first aid kit or discuss how to use some of the homeopathic medicines listed above, book an appointment today!
Yes you read it properly. Our favourite little sleep supplement is also a key hormone in fertility, specifically egg quality.
Melatonin is a hormone we make naturally from an amino acid called tryptophan and it is secreted by the pineal gland (middle of the brain). It is secreted at night and is regulated by circadian rhythms and promotes sleep.
The health of our children depends largely on a healthy pregnancy, but also what happens a few months before conception while planning to get pregnant.
These days many young women are having difficulties getting pregnant, so the focus for a healthy pregnancy should be on getting as many nutrients into your body as possible.