4 Tbsp olive oil
pinch of red chili flakes
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small yellow onion, minced
1 medium zucchini, shredded
2 cups swiss chard, shredded
1 large, firm, tomato, chopped
½ tsp dried basil
sea salt and pepper
1 16-ounce package firm herbed or plain tofu, drained
2 Tbsp arrowroot dissolved in 4 Tbsp water
¼ tsp turmeric
1. Heat half of the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic, and chili flakes, cover, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the zucchini and swiss chard, and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
4. Stir in the tomato, basil, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer to a lightly oiled, shallow round baking dish and set aside.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a blender or food processor, combine the tofu, arrowroot mixture, turmeric, the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste and process until smooth.
7. Pour over the vegetables in the baking dish and bake until the tofu is set and the top is golden brown, about 30 minutes.
8. Cut into wedges and serve hot.