1 tbsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
½ yellow onion, roughly diced
1 head broccoli, cut into small florets (about 2/3 pound)
2 ½ cups water
¼ tsp. each coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
¾ cup arugula (watercress would be good too)
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for just a minute or until fragrant.
3. Add the broccoli and cook for four minutes or until bright green.
4. Add the water, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, lower the heat and cover.
5. Cook for eight minutes or until the broccoli is just tender.
6. Pour the soup into a blender and puree with the arugula until quite smooth.
7. Be very careful when blending hot liquids; start slowly and work in batches if
necessary (you don’t want the steam to blow the lid off).
8. Serve the soup with a bit of fresh lemon.