2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 small yellow onion, diced
2 small celery stalks, diced
4 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp Herbamare
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/2 tsp dried parsley
2 large eggs
Juice from 2 lemons
1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1. Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Saute onion and celery for 5 minutes until softened.
3. Add the broth and season with Herbamare, pepper and dried parsley and let it simmer on low.
4. Meanwhile in a blender, mix the eggs, lemon juice and 1/4 cup of the rice. Blend until smooth.
5. Slowly add 2 cups of the hot broth to the blender to temper the eggs.
6. Stir the blender mixture into the rest of the broth and let simmer for 10 minutes making sure the soup doesn't boil.
4 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1500
Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 1S1
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP:
© 2023 Zawada Health.