3 medium beets
6 garlic cloves
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large leek
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 bay leaf
3 cups water
Salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 400 F. Drizzle 3 medium beets with olive oil and roast in parchment-
linedfoil until tender, about 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, drizzle 6 unpeeled garlic cloves with oil and roast in separate foil
packet, about 30 minutes.
3. Unwrap beets, let cool, peel and quarter. Squeeze garlic from skin and set aside.
4. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pot over medium heat, add 1 thinly sliced large leek and
cook, stirring until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
5. Add beets and garlic, 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves, 1 bay leaf, and 3 cups water.
Season with coarse salt and pepper.
6. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, 5 minutes. Discard bay leaf. Let cool
slightly, then puree in a blender until smooth.
7. Stir in 2 tbsp lemon juice and adjust seasoning.
4 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1500
Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 1S1
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP:
© 2023 Zawada Health.