Earth to Table
3 lb Arctic char, cleaned
4 sprigs flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 bunch fresh tarragon
¼ bunch fresh chives
1 lemon, sliced
3 organic egg whites
¼ cup water
3 lbs kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Rinse fish under cold water and pat dry.
3. Stuff cavity with herbs and lemon slices.
4. In a bowl, whisk together egg whites and water until frothy.
5. Add salt and mix well.
6. Spread 3 cups of the salt mixture along the bottom of large rimmed baking sheet and set fish on top. Completely cover fish with the
remaining salt mixture.
7. Bake until salt is hard (around 50 minutes).
8. Let rest for 15 minutes, break salt crust with a spoon and peel back the skin.