A great alternative to buying those bottled teriyaki sauces filled with sugar and sodium!
3 tbsp soy sauce or Braggs Liquid Aminos
3 tbsp orange juice (juice from 1 small orange)
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
2 packages of tempeh
1. Bring a small pot of water to boil. Place tempeh in water and cook for 5 minutes uncovered.
2. Remove tempeh and dice into cubes (1/2 inch) and set aside.
3. Mix all other ingredients together in small mixing bowl, creating a marinade.
4. Mix tempeh into marinade, cover and refrigerate overnight, or minimum an hour.
5. Preheat oven to 450 C.
6. Place tempeh on baking sheet and roast in oven for 45 minutes, mixing once half-way through baking time.
(Instead of roasting, a quick stir-fry of the tempeh in a medium skillet, will also produce great results!)