Thai Carrot Soup
Dr. Carol Morley, Delicious Detox Cookbook
3 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp lemongrass puree
3 tbsp sliced and peeled gingerroot
2 garlic cloves, minced
6 tbsp raw unsalted cashews
8 large carrots cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp cayenne
1 box rice milk (956 mL)
2 cups water
½ cup loosely packed, chopped cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
1. Heat sunflower oil in a large saucepot over medium heat and add lemongrass, gingerroot, cashews and garlic.
2. Cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is golden, about 5 mins.
3. Add the carrots, salt, and cayenne and cook for 1 min. then add rice milk and water. Reduce the heat and stir in ¼ cup of cilantro, cover and simmer for 30 mins or until carrots are tender.
4. Drizzle with melted ghee or coconut oil and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Puree the soup in batches in a food processor or immersion hand blender.
6. Add the lime juice and garnish with the remaining ¼ cup of cilantro before serving.