Delicious Detox Cookbook
1 bunch of thin asparagus
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup (60mL) extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon (2mL) sea salt
1 teaspoon (5mL) freshly ground pepper
½ teaspoon (2mL) fennel seeds
2 tablespoons (30mL) chopped fresh mint
1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over high heat.
2. Break off the bottom tough ends of the asparagus, put them in the saucepan, and boil for 2 minutes.
3. Drain the asparagus and immediately rinse under cold running water until cool and drain again. Cut into 2-inch pieces and place in a large serving bowl.
4. To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, fennel seeds, and mint in a small bowl.
5. Add the fennel slices, bell pepper, and onion to the asparagus, pour the dressing over top, and toss to coat evenly.
4 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1500
Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 1S1
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP:
© 2023 Zawada Health.