Delicious Detox Cookbook
1 bunch of thin asparagus
Juice of 1 lemon
¼ cup (60mL) extra-virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon (2mL) sea salt
1 teaspoon (5mL) freshly ground pepper
½ teaspoon (2mL) fennel seeds
2 tablespoons (30mL) chopped fresh mint
1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
½ small red onion, thinly sliced
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over high heat.
2. Break off the bottom tough ends of the asparagus, put them in the saucepan, and boil for 2 minutes.
3. Drain the asparagus and immediately rinse under cold running water until cool and drain again. Cut into 2-inch pieces and place in a large serving bowl.
4. To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, fennel seeds, and mint in a small bowl.
5. Add the fennel slices, bell pepper, and onion to the asparagus, pour the dressing over top, and toss to coat evenly.
Are you on the creamy potato salad side or the non-creamy vinaigrette potato salad side? I am a big fan of dijon mustard and olives. I always make a little extra dressing to leave in the fridge for a salad the next day.