Celery and Parmesan Salad
½ cup olive oil
2 tsp grated lemon zest
¼ cup plus 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (3 lemons)
2 tbsp minced shallots
1 tsp celery seed
½ tsp celery salt
½ tsp anchovy paste
Kosher salt and freshly group black pepper
5 cups thinly sliced celery hearts, tender leaves included,
sliced on an angle (about 12 stalks)
4-ounce chunk aged Parmesan cheese
2/3 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
Whole flat-leaf parsley leaves
1. At least 1 hour before you plan to serve the salad, whisk together the olive oil, lemon zest, ¼ cup of lemon juice, the shallots, celery seed, celery salt, anchovy paste, 2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper.
2. Mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt to grated celery.
3. Add enough dressing to moisten well.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the celery to crisp and the flavours to develop.
5. When ready to serve, arrange the celery on a platter, shave the Parmesan onto the celery with a vegetable peeler, the sprinkle with walnuts, parsley leaves, salt, and pepper and serve immediately.
Are you on the creamy potato salad side or the non-creamy vinaigrette potato salad side? I am a big fan of dijon mustard and olives. I always make a little extra dressing to leave in the fridge for a salad the next day.