French String Bean Salad
1 ½ pounds French string beans, both ends
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ cup good olive
2 tbsp minced fresh dill
1. Find a large bow with ice water.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add 1 tbsp of salt.
3. Add the beans and cook for 1 minute only.
4. Drain the beans and put them in the ice water until completely cool.
5. Drain the beans again, dry on paper towels, and place them in a large bowl.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, ½ tsp of salt and the pepper.
7. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil to make an emulsion.
8. Pour enough dressing over the beans to moisten them well.
9. Toss with the dill, season to taste and serve at room temperature.
Are you on the creamy potato salad side or the non-creamy vinaigrette potato salad side? I am a big fan of dijon mustard and olives. I always make a little extra dressing to leave in the fridge for a salad the next day.