1 small onion—chopped
1 cup carrots—chopped
1 teaspoon (5 mL) dry mustard
1 teaspoon (5 mL) cumin
1 tablespoon (15 mL) chilli powder
½ cup apple juice
3-4 apples, Macintosh—peeled and cubed
1 - 19oz can diced tomatoes—low sodium
1 – 19oz can black beans—rinsed and drained (can be pureed for fussy eaters!)
1 – 19oz can brown beans
1. Sauté onion and carrots in a large sauce pan with apple juice for about 5 minutes until onion is soft.
2. Mix in mustard, cumin, chili powder and apples.
3. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add in the tomatoes, black beans and brown beans
5. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Top with a scoop of yogurt cheese, sour cream, shredded white cheddar cheese or goat cheese.
4 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1500
Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 1S1
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP:
© 2023 Zawada Health.