1 tbsp olive oil
1 large onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1½ tsp curry powder
5 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
2½ cups vegetable or chicken flavoured broth
1½ cups organic milk or soy milk or rice milk
½ tsp salt
Chopped red pepper
Raw almonds, chopped and toasted
1. In large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and curry powder. Cook, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes or until onions are soft. Add squash and continue stirring for 2 minutes
2. Add stock and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, simmer and cook until squash is tender.
3. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. In food processor or blender process soup in batches until smooth.
5. Transfer back to saucepan, stir in milk, salt, and pepper. Re-heat over medium heat. Serve garnished with almonds and chopped red peppers.