Delicious Detox Cookbook
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 cloves garlic, minced
½ tsp red chili pepper flakes 3 large carrots, diced
1 large yellow onion, diced 2 celery stalks, diced
2 large parsnips, diced 2 sweet potatoes, diced
6 cups vegetable or chicken stock 1 cup lentils
½ tsp cumin seeds 1 tsp sea salt
½ cup chopped fresh parsley or 1 tbsp dried parsley
½ cup chopped fresh thyme or 1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large stock pot, uncovered, on medium heat, add olive oil and red chili pepper flakes, onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Stir occasionally for 10 minutes until everything is soft.
2. Add parsnips and sauté for additional 5 minutes.
3. Add lentils and sweet potatoes and 1 cup of the stock and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the rest of the stock, parsley, thyme, cumin, sea salt and pepper. Cover and simmer on low heat for approximately 45 minutes or until all vegetables are tender.
5. At this time you can leave the soup as is, or using a blender or immersion stick blender, puree until smooth.