1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
1/2 English cucumber, diced
4 celery stalks, diced
1/2 small red onion, minced
2 cups loosely packed, minced fresh parsley
3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1. Wash the quinoa thoroughly to remove any trace of the bitter white coating, then rinse and drain.
2. Bring the water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the quinoa and reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer until all the water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
3. Place the quinoa in a large serving bowl and set aside to cool and dry completely. Add the cucumber, celery, onion, parsley, and cilantro.
4. To make the dressing, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve chilled.