Adapted from My New Roots
1 package kelp noodles (12 oz./340 g)
½ head purple cabbage
1 bunch green onions
1 each red and yellow bell pepper
1 bunch cilantro (reserve a little for garnish)
1. Remove kelp noodles from package and rinse very well under cold running water. Set aside and let drain.
2. Prepare all the vegetables. Slice the cabbage as thinly as possible
(a mandoline is helpful). Using a vegetable peeler, slice the carrots
into ribbons. Julienne the zucchini, or use a mandoline or spiralizer
to obtain long, noodle-like strips. Slice the bell peppers, green onions, and chop the cilantro, including the stems. Toss all together in a very large bowl.
3. Just before serving, pour the dressing over and fold to coat.
Garnish with sesame seeds (or any nut/seed you like), extra cilantro
and lime wedges.
Raw Pad Thai Sauce
1 ½ cup cashews, soaked
1 inch ginger root, peeled
1 clove garlic
½ red chili pepper, seeds removed
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 ½ Tbsp. tamari
juice of 2 limes
1 tsp. ground turmeric
10 coriander seeds
1 Tbsp. cold-pressed olive oil
2 cups/500ml water (or as needed)
1. Soak cashews for at least 4 hours, overnight is best.
2. Drain and rinse cashews well. Place in a blender (Vitamix is best if you have one). Add all other ingredients and only 1 cup water. Add the remaining cup of water as needed until desired consistency is reached. The sauce should be thin enough to pour, but thick enough to coat the vegetables and kelp noodles. Season to taste. Store leftovers in the fridge.
4 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 1500
Mississauga, Ontario, L4Z 1S1
NEWSLETTER SIGN UP:
© 2023 Zawada Health.