1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
2/3 cup unsweetened coconut
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup (~ 5 dates or 35 g) chopped dates
2 Tbsp sunflower seed butter
2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp sea salt or hemp seeds
1. Preheat oven to 350 F and toast oats and seeds for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 F.
2. Add flaxseed meal, coconut, and sea salt, oats, seeds and dates to a mixing bowl, stir and set aside.
3. Add almond butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup to a small saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and immediately add to the oat mix.
4. Mix thoroughly, ensuring that the dates and almond butter cover all of the dry ingredients.
5. Add the mixture to a parchment-lined 8x8-inch baking pan and spread into an even layer. Top with another layer of parchment paper and press down with something flat into a uniform layer.
6. Bake at 325 F for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool in the pan. Transfer to the freezer to speed cooling time.
7. Once cooled, lift out of the pan and slice into desired number of bars.
8. Optional: Melt dark chocolate and coconut oil and drizzle on top with salt or hemp seeds.
9. Bars can be stored for 5 days in a sealed container or in the freezer up to 1 month.
These pecan pie tarts are uncooked and look lovely with a dollop of coconut whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream! Dairy-free of course ;)