Adapted from thehealthymaven.com
1 large avocado
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup unsweetened dutch-processed cocoa powder*
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a blender or food processor combine avocado, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla.*
3. Add these ingredients to a large bowl and whisk in eggs.
4. Add in coconut flour, cocoa powder, sea salt and baking soda and stir until well-combined.
5. Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with coconut oil and add batter.
6. Place in oven to bake for 25 minutes (slightly less for fudgier brownies or slightly longer for more cake-like brownies).
7. Allow to cool for 20 minutes before cutting into 16 brownies.
8. Keep them on the counter in an airtight container at room-temperature for up to 2 days or for a longer shelf-life store in the fridge or freezer.