Delicious Detox, page 69
2 cups quinoa flour
2 cups flaked or rolled quinoa
1 cup roasted sesame seeds
½ cup, heaping, sunflower or pumpkin seeds
½ cup, heaping, grated almonds or hazelnuts
¼ cup flaxseeds
2 teaspoons sea salt
6 tablespoons sunflower oil
11/2 cups cold water
1. Preheat the oven to 475ºF (240 ºC).
2. Combine the quinoa flour, flaked quinoa, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, flaxseeds, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the oil and water and mix to make a thick dough. Divide the dough in half.
4. Dust a rolling pin with flour and roll out each half of the dough onto separate baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
5. Cut the dough into 4-inch (10cm) squared, without cutting all the way through.
6. Place the baking sheets in the oven and bake for 7 minutes.
7. Reduce the heat to 350 ºF (180 ºC) while the dough is still in the oven and bake for another 2 to 25 minutes, until the crispbread is lightly browned around the edges.
8. Remove the crispbread immediately from the baking sheet and cool completely on the wire rack before storing.
These pecan pie tarts are uncooked and look lovely with a dollop of coconut whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream! Dairy-free of course ;)