1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup hemp hearts
1/2 cup hemp protein powder (you can use hemp
4 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp bee pollen (optional)
20 fresh medjool dates, pitted
6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
4 tbsp (raw) cacao powder
1 tsp grounded vanilla or vanilla extract
6 tbsp rolled oats
2 tbsp poppy seeds
1. In a food processor or blender, pulse the dry ingredients quickly. Do not over-process, we want it crunchy.
2. Place the mixture in a bowl and set aside.
3. Add all wet ingredients to the food processor or high speed blender and blend to combine. This might take some time, and if your blender isn’t strong enough you might have to help out by stirring around a few times with a fork or add a dash of water.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, add oats and poppy seeds and stir until well combined.
5. Spread the batter evenly into a 11 x 7-inch (28 x 18 cm) baking dish, make sure it becomes quite compact.
6. Place in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Cut into bars. Wrap them in paper and store in an air-tight container. Will keep around a week in the fridge.