5 large sweet potatoes (around 3 lbs)
12 carrots (around 2 lbs)
¾ cup pineapple juice
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp safflower oil
2 tsp cinnamon
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp sea salt
1 ½ cup crushed rice cracker crumbs
½ cup chopped pecans
1/3 cup safflower oil
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Peel and cut sweet potatoes and carrots into large chunks.
2. In large pot of boiling water, cook potatoes and carrots for about 20 minutes or until very tender; drain.
3. Puree in food processor or blender, in batches if necessary.
4. Add juice, honey, oil, cinnamon, garlic, and salt; blend well. Spoon into greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
5. Combine bread crumbs, pecans, oil and parsley and cover the potato-carrot mixture.
6. Cover with foil and bake in 350 oven for 20 minutes.
7. Uncover and bake for half an hour, or until heated through.
These pecan pie tarts are uncooked and look lovely with a dollop of coconut whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream! Dairy-free of course ;)