1/3 cup (80 g) tahini
1/3 cup (79 ml) melted coconut oil
1. Combine the ingredients by hand or in a food processor until smooth. It will be a bit watery
but the coconut oil will harden up in the fridge.
2. Pour half of the mixture into the bottom of 6 cupcake liners and put in fridge for 20 minutes,
or until solid. Set aside the other half of the tahini mixture.
1cup (175 g) pitted dates
1/2 cup (118 ml) strong brewed coffee, or as needed
1. Put the dates into your food processor and process until smooth and very thick, adding the coffee as needed. This could take a few minutes, and you may have to stop the food processor to wipe down the sides a few times so everything continues to combine evenly.
1. Scoop a dollop of the filling into each of the hardened bottoms in your cupcake papers. Pour enough of the remaining tahini mixture on each to cover the dollop.
2. Put back in fridge for about 20 minutes, or until solid, then sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
These pecan pie tarts are uncooked and look lovely with a dollop of coconut whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream! Dairy-free of course ;)